Thursday 6 June 2013

Inspiring person: Jenny Lawson

So it's time for another blog about inspiring people, because I know that you're into this kinda shit. Or whatever. Look a unicorn!



This time the blog is about quite possibly the funniest person in existence. She is better known as the Bloggess (click here to go to her site) but has also published a very funny memoir about her life, called Let's Pretend This Never Happened.

I came across her site completely by accident as I stumbled my way through the world wide web. I was immediately captivated by her funny post. She is incredibly witty and, well, a little crazy in the best possible way imagineable.

I got her book for my birthday and I read it and laughed my ass off. I could relate to her, apart from the fact that my father is not a taxidermist and I tend to scream like a little girl whenever I see a dead animal. The thing that I admire most about her is that she battles an anxiety disorder and is not afraid to share her fears and troubles. As a person who suffers from anxiety attacks myself, I am glad that there is someone out there who says "You are not alone." Many people do not understand what it's like to be so afraid for seemingly no reason, that it always makes me feel a bit silly.

It's people like her who never fail to give others a good feeling. Whenever I log on her site I always end up with a smile on my face, regardless of how shit I felt when I first logged on. She is one of the reasons why I also want to pursue my writing career. I also want to make people smile, make them feel good about themselves and just be awesome.

You should definitely check out her website, and her book. Otherwise you might get eaten by kittens in your sleep. That would be inconvenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.