Monday 9 September 2013

Just a random blog post

Today was the first day of my introduction week for the minor I'm doing this year. I was supposed to do it in Schotland, but because shit happened I had to decide to stay here and so I decided to do Art, Culture and Research. And I think it's been a great choice.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am quite the dramatic type. I love acting, I love performing in whatever way is possible and I love writing and exploring boundaries. So I was quite happy when I arrived at the location this morning and immediately met a group of amazing people. Everyone was open and a little crazy which resulted in a creative environment in which there was no room for shame. We were basically a bunch of strangers put together. "Pair up. One will close his/her eyes and the other will guide you around the field." A simple exercise but one in which trust was vitally important. In the meantime, the guiding person asked questions which were rather deep. An excellent way to get to know each other.

I also loved talking to the teachers. They all had their field of expertise but it was amazing to see how passionate they were. One was all about dancing, another about music and another about acting. I always admire seeing someone have a large amount of passion for what they do. It's very inspiring.

In the upcoming months, I will be put into a group and we'll be putting a performance together. I'm super excited already because I know it's going to be great. I will keep you guys posted about the process.

Basically this wasn't an interesting blog at all, but I just wanted to share it. I promise I will post a cooler blog post soon!

In the meantime, here's why you shouldn't twerk:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.