Monday 16 September 2013

I wish you wouldn't return...

I told you to stay away from me. No, don't look at me like that. I'm not changing my mind. Yes! Yes I heard what you said. "I will leave you alone for a few months but I will always come back." I told you we were over. We are too different. This was never going to work out. Just leave me alone.

Yes I cheated on you. But you asked for it. I don't regret anything at all. I don't regret how I went underneath the covers and was warmed up by another's embrace. I don't care that you were waiting somewhere to return to me. If I could I would escape you forever.

I told you that you were not my kind. You were too cold and sometimes I even thought your heart was frozen. Whenever I touched you, I could feel chills going down my spine. And not the good kind. I'm sorry. I'm really really sorry. I just really like your brothers more I guess. Oh don't cry now. You have good sides too! You always manage to bring my whole family together on certain days so we can eat food and laugh about old times. You always make me happy to come home after a long day.

Still, I'm always so happy to see you go. I say goodbye to you without shedding a tear. Therefore it makes me sad and blue, that Mr. Winter, you are near....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.