Tuesday 15 January 2013

Dear Justin Timberlake,

It's been a long time. I know, I know. I was 12 when I became a fan of you. It was 2003, you shaved off those blonde curls of yours and no longer resembled a lost poodle. I must admit, at first I didn't like you. You seemed like a bit of an ass. But hey, let's forget about all that. My love for you grew steadily. You took away my concert virginity. Yes, the first ever concert I went to was yours. I was in the very back with my cousin and we brought a nice home made banner that said: "JUSTIN YOU'RE THE GREATEST, REGARDS, I&M". I was 12 back then. It was still considered cute!

After that, I waited another 3 years before you released your second solo album. And maaaan did you bring sexy back! I was a little older, 15 I think, but still all giggly and shy whenever you mentioned the word sex (hihi...oh wait). A new gig in Holland was announced. In December! And the gig wasn't until June. I was so excited I bought an overpriced ticket and for the first time ever, I worked as a babysitter. I cared for the evil spawn of the devil for a few days just to get those 50 euros to pay for your ticket. You should be grateful for that.
But then the unthinkable happened. I started to lose interest in you. I ripped those posters of you off of my wall. Someone else came along. A curly-haired individual stole your thunder. I only went to your gig because I already bought the ticket and felt it might relieve the babysit trauma. And it was a good concert, Justin, no worries about that. I was once again in the back of the fucking stadium and was too afraid I would tumble down to actually move, but I really liked it. Apart from Timbaland. Even live his "Yeahs" and "ehs" didn't really add anything to the performance.

I moved on JT, and so did you. You became an actor and acted in some films of which some were not even worthy of seeing (ahum Edison) and some were quite enjoyable (I liked In Time, or whatever the fuck it was called. Oh and Bad Teacher was mkay too). It seemed as though our paths split and it was goodbye.

A few days ago, on Twitter, you announced new music. I must admit, my youth sentiment was revived. I felt excited. Anxious. I wanted the music right away! You released some promo clip which was a huge anti-climax. Still I was excited.
Not long after, you released the first single, named Suit&tie. At first I thought it was dedicated to Barney Stinson (from How I met your mother for all of you who are unknowing). I listened. The intro was weird. Then you started singing, I liked that. Then Timbaland felt the need to sing along. Please tell him to stop next time. And also tell him to take a grammar course. The way I are? Seriously?
Justin, the song is okay. I kinda like it. But I didn't want a meh song. I wanted to be blown away. I wanted to get that feeling back. That feeling I had when I was 12 years old and still innocent and shit. I didn't get that feeling. Such a shame.

Now, JT, I still really enjoy your singing. As you may know by now, I have a thing for men using their falsetto. I just hope, my dear Justin, that the rest of your new album will be more promising and awesome than this.

Sincerely,

Your former fangirl.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.