Wednesday 27 November 2013

Signing, champagne and balloon party in London

Hello my darlings!

I just got back from a short trip to my favourite city in the world apart from Amsterdam: London!

As most of you know, we went there to attend Mika's Swatch signing and just to spend some time in this awesome place. A few days before we also got notified that there would be a party, and as we love ourselves a good party, we hoped and prayed on our bare knees (but not really cause it's cold so pants are mandatory unless you want to get pneumonia and die) that we would get in. I really needed a good trip to take my mind off of everything, so I was excited. YAY!

Niko and I drove to the airport really early in the morning, met up with Luke and were soon on our way to London. We got to our hostel and prepared ourselves before heading down to Oxford Street.




When we arrived, we met up with Rosie, whom I immediately adopted. I may or may not have stolen her innocence that day. Sitting on our asses, looking like homeless people was literally a cool thing as at a certain point I feared my foot had to be amputated because it was frozen solid.

We met a lovely Swatch staff member who agreed with me that Rosie sounded like Hermione Granger and it was not much later that Mika arrived. People were going nuts, filming through the window and nearly dying of excitement. At this point my only concern was how to get as close to a heater as possible in a short period of time. Needless to say my heart was filled with joy the moment I set foot into the store and was greeted by warmth and champagne. The awesome staff member kept us company and we spend our time discussing various twerking techniques with him.
Before we realised it, it was almost our turn. I ended up being last of the 4 of us, and had to deal with a woman who was so excited to be there she jumped right in front of me before I could even move. That was okay. My feet got a little warmer.
Then it was my turn and I had a nice chat with him. It was short but good and even though there were a few things I wanted to say and ask, I figured that I'd keep that for a next time as he had to go through quite a lot of people. I said bye and went outside so we could go to the pub for the party.

Rosie smelled her first glass of illegal champagne and found the pub in no time. The first thing I did when we arrived was kick my heels off and run around overly excited. We said hello to the girls who were already there, claimed all the food and got drinks which resulted in me being slightly tipsy even before most people arrived.


More and more people arrived and we were having a good time when Mika walked in. I didn't notice it at first as I was too busy declaring my love to whoever happened to be near me, but as a group of people jumped up I figured something had to be going on. He did a nice speech which was lovely and then wanted to walk around but people were a bit up in his face. This is a phenomenon I don't understand. Maybe I'm too down-to-earth for this, but I feel like everyone, no matter if they are famous or not, have this thing called a personal space and it is not respectful to invade it. Especially not when it is completely unnecessary. I personally don't really appreciate it if people stalk me around and point cameras in my face so I don't really do it myself, but whatever, that is just my way of looking at it.
Anyway, it wasn't long before he said goodbye and that is when the party really started. Most people left, but they missed out on great stuff. We talked, we danced, we acted crazy and it was absolutely wonderful. It was a night of catching up with old friends and making many new ones. I have never hugged this many people in my entire existence. Time passed by so fast and before we knew it, it was time to say goodbye to everyone.



But of course our party did not end there. We had taken the balloons that spelled Mika and decided it was our mission to walk around London with these and pose in random places. It was hilarious, especially when we were on the underground. Funnily enough nobody minded us trying to get the big balloons into a very crowded train. We apologised about a million times but everybody said it was okay and one woman even said: "It's fine. You're bringing a party on the train!" We got quite a few looks (and comments like "those are some big ass balloons!") and quite a few people stopped to ask us about them and we of course talked about Mika and everybody said they really liked him. Bonus points! I made a video of our tip on the underground:



 
 The next day we had some fun with the balloons before we left them for the cleaners to enjoy. Funnily enough when we had breakfast at some place, Relax come on the radio and we all reliving the night again.

To conclude this overly long blog post, I want to say thank you to everybody involved in making this party happen. Alex and Deb for putting in a lot of effort. It was amazing and for me it was much needed to keep my mind off things and relax for just an evening after all these anxiety attacks I've had in the past few months. It was great to just hang out with amazing people and not having a single worry on my mind.

And of course, thanks to Mika, who had the brilliant idea of throwing this party. It was such a kind and thoughtful thing to do and I feel fortunate that I have been able to have been there.He's probably never going to read it, but I just wanted to say that I am very proud of him and how far he has come. I hope that the years to come are filled with many more of these exciting moments and I know that even greater things are ahead of him. So thank you Mika. And thank you for always inspiring me with your kindness and hard work. I'm happy that you're happy and free as you said and I hope that I will get to see you again next year. You never fail to amaze me.

So yeah, I will stop typing now as I really have to catch up on some sleep!

Ingrid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.