Friday 5 April 2013

Thinking outside of the box.

Hello! Sorry it's been a while. I've had zero inspiration to write anything and real life got in the way. Shit happens, they say.

Anyways, today I was having a conversation with my father about something random and I happened to say: "But I don't know what *insert random name* would think about this." He then said I shouldn't care about what others think. I shouldn't stay inside the box but get out of it. I thought that was a very interesting thing.

I have never considered myself someone who follows the rules. I was too odd to do so and even if I tried to comply with what other people wanted, I was dumped somewhere along the way because I wasn't cool enough. If you think about it, isn't that what we do most of the time? We try to colour within the lines and if someone is different than the norm, we are so quick to judge and desparate to make sure those people become what we think is 'normal.' Society decides which clothes to wear, what music to listen to and which shows to watch on tv. The world would be so much better off if the group of people who dare to think outside of the box would expand, to let creativity flow and make life a little less boring.

In other news, here's a video of a cute puppy:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.