Wednesday 24 April 2013

Inspiring person: Justin Timberlake



When I was 12 years old, I found hormones started to race through my young body. I thought I was very mature back then and considered MTV to be the best tv channel in the world (note: this was before MTV forgot all about the music). It was also the time when Justin Timberlake left N*Sync and released his solo album Justified. I was not instantly a fan, but his music grew on me and before I realised it, I was in the Gelredome in Arnhem to see him live. It was my very first gig and it left an impression on me.

I recall my cousin and me made this amazing sign that said: JUSTIN YOU ARE THE BEST GREETZ I & M. I remind you that I was 12 and then that is still considered cute.

Years passed by and a few years after his first album he released the second one, called Futuresex/Lovesounds. I started to love him even more and went to see his second show in the Netherlands. Mind you, back then I wasn't looking for the deeper message in songs and I just enjoyed dancing to it and I did not realise that 90% of the songs were about sex. Neither did my mother. Don't tell her!

Anyways, JT left music to start a career as an actor and all the posters up on my wall were gradually removed and I moved on with life. Until earlier this year. JT announced he was releasing a new album. I was very happy as my teenage memories came back to me. I wasn't too thrilled about the first single but it grew on me. Most importantly, I was amazed at his live performances. His voice is flawless and his performance is poised and perfect. He makes it seem so effortless, the way he moves across the stage and plays with the audience. There is another Justin who could learn a thing or two from him ;).

I find myself listening to his old albums all over again and I am still amazed by how well-produced and clever these songs are. Not to mention that JT is a very good comedian too. I shall not bother you with more text. Here are some of his best songs for your enjoyment:




 

 
And the best video ever:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.