Tuesday 1 October 2013

Katy Perry owns the throne.

A little more than 5 years ago, in April 2008, I discovered a girl on MySpace who had a great song named Ur So Gay. Her name was Katy Perry. I was intrigued by her music. I watched vlogs she posted online and fell in love with her personality. She was a little goofy, she did not take life too seriously and I had a good feeling about her. So I sent her a couple of messages on Myspace and I got some back. In one of those messages I asked her when she would come to Europe. She said she was first going to conquer the US and then the rest of the world. I knew at that point that I had to stick around.

Fast forward to 2013. After blowing up with I Kissed A Girl and then becoming even bigger with the Teenage Dream era, she is now about to release her third album. Her first single of the new album already broke records and her promo single, which wasn't even released as an official single, is now number 1 as well. There is no stopping her. I'm not afraid to say that she could well be the best popstar in the world right now. She has the complete package and I don't see her success fading anytime soon.

Yesterday she performed in London at the Itunes festival. I wasn't able to go there, but I watched videos of the performance. And she just keeps getting better and better. She is no longer the young girl who stole our hearts. She's a lady, a real killer queen who owns our hearts now. Not literally of course because that would mean we'd be dead, but you catch my drift.

To all the critics who said she can't sing, to all of those who thought she was a one hit wonder, listen to this and see if you still have arguments to back up your claims:


I'm very proud of how far she has come. I hope that I will get to pleasure of meeting her again soon because it has been too long.

Only 3 weeks till Prism (at least in my country!). Ready to own the throne.

Ingie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.