Monday 22 July 2013

The Art of Imagining Things

I'm writing this while I'm pretty much confined to my bed. Fever is a bitch, but you were probably aware of that already. This does bring me the great opportunity to write another blog about, well, writing.

I am currently in the process of writing a new story. A long story. I aim this to be the first story of 100,000+ words that I will finish. I have the whole outline ready (no spoilers!) and I can genuinely say that I am very excited to finish this. It's a story that is important to me as it contains parts of me that I did not yet understand and whilst writing, I am discovering more about myself. Which is a good thing. Nobody likes the identity crisis you have to go through in your twenties. Or during the rest of your life for that matter.

There was a time when I did not write much. Which was weird considering the fact that I wrote ever since I was about 9 years old. I still have those notebooks and whenever I feel like reading something cringe-worthy, I will dig them up. Writing has always been a way for me to express my emotions when I felt like I could not express them by telling people in their faces. Believe it or not, but I've always been quite shy and during my childhood, I never really had the chance to learn how to express my feelings, except on paper.

I used to only write poems and lyrics but I've moved on to writing stories. I've always loved reading books and getting lost into worlds far beyond my own imagination. I think stories are amazing gifts we should cherish, because they are not just there for our entertainment. Stories can change you. Stories can open your eyes and make you see things differently. We can be anything in stories. We can do anything.

I do not consider myself a really good writer. I think I am decent but the more I write, the more I learn. I hope that one day I will get the chance to write something that will touch people's hearts and change them in the same way stories by other writers have changed me. Together, our imagination can make the world a better place.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.