Wednesday 17 July 2013

Outtake 1

I have recently finished a new project called Chasing the Sun. Because I had written more than I could put in the actual book, I figured I could publish some things on the blog over the coming few weeks. So yeah. Hope you'll enjoy!

Darling,
Please tell me why
all beautiful things
have come to die?

I remember us,
The way we used to be.
You were my everything.
You were the other part of me.

I see the birds have taken flight
It's getting late.
It will be cold tonight.
Let me know when you'll arrive.

I see your picture on the wall.
Back in happy days.
A smile could say a thousand words.
But now it says nothing at all.

I close my eyes.
An ill wind blows and I shiver.
Forgotten are the petty lies.
I wish we could start over again.

It's true what they say,
You don't know what you had until it's gone.
And I held your hand

when you whispered you couldn't go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.