Sunday 24 July 2011

Tears in Heaven



People die every single day. Basically we live to die eventually. We all know it. Some accept it and some refuse to deal with this fact. I was going to write a report about Porto, but it will have to wait, especially after all the tragedies.

I think about death a lot. Sometimes I am scared of it. Sometimes I tend to accept it. Truth be told, it gets harder every single day to live in this world. I'm not saying that it used to be better. I just think we've reached the point where the Third World War is going on, yet nobody dares to announce it yet.

Yes. People die. It happens. But does that mean we can't feel sorrow? Even though we don't know them.

People die of famine. Of poverty. Of loneliness. We do not pay attention to this every single day. The situation is out of our control and even if we try to solve it, we can't. Not alone. Not if the richest people keep all their wealth to themselves.

This weekend, many people died because of hatred. The hatred of one man.
Norway had always been a peaceful country. This shows that there only has to be 1 person with strong beliefs, 1 person who is sick in his head to destroy everything. I've been following the news on this for a while now and even looking at his picture gives me chills. It's in his eyes.

We do not accept each other any more. Does it really matter where someone else is from? Does it really matter what someone else believes? Is it worth killing another living being because it convinces you that you are doing the right thing?

It's a sick world we are living in. But I know that it might get better. The good always overpowers the bad. All the boats of independent people sailing to the island to get those kids out of the water, while being at risk to be shot themselves. It shows there are still enough people who do have good in their hearts.

“Love is stronger than death even though it can't stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can't separate people from love. It can't take away our memories either. In the end, life is stronger than death.”

On the death of Amy Winehouse, all I'd like to say is that it is such a shame. She seemed so lost lately and it is so sad nobody could help her. I almost lost someone very close to me due to drugs so I've seen up close what she was going through. I hope she is free now. 

I know this blog was just an endless ramble of things, but I just wanted to share some thoughts. Right, now I should write that report for Porto.

Xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.