Sunday 9 October 2011

The end of an era



The year is almost over, dum dum dum, but more importantly, an era in my very exciting life is also over. My teenage years. As of tomorrow, I've walked (minus like 1,5/2 years before I learned how to walk) this earth's surface for 20 years! And it is insanely exciting, yet a bit scary. I can finally say goodbye to teenage angst (not that I had any) and embrace my ahem, maturity.

My favourite part of becoming 19 was that, whenever I faced a million stairs and was tired as hell when I reached the top, I could say "You can talk, but I'm no longer as young as 18! I'm getting old!" Now I do actually feel very old. It's scary to think that ten years from now, I'll be 30, shock horror!
Nah, I'm actually glad that my teenage years are over. They weren't the most fun of times. I guess I'm not the only one who faces these issues, like bullying and feeling so insecure about yourself you'd rather leave the house for as long as possible. I already feel like I'm growing and I accept myself more as I am. Which is a good thing, I guess.
Also I'm happy that it's not like the old days, my parents go on about. Married and children plus a mortgage at 22. No thanks, I'd rather enjoy myself while I still can. I'm excited!

Oh and not to mention I will get a big pretty birthday cake with my name on it. Bring on the twenties!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.